Ice Cream Oreo Cake
Acquired From Jenny Ackerman
This is a recipe I acquired from a family friend. I believe it is perfect for the dog days of summer. Instead of going to the nearby ice cream parlor every day with your kids, keep them at home and make them an ice cream oreo cake. I bet you it will be cheaper and closer to home.
- 25-30 Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 1 quart of ice cream, softened (I prefer vanilla, chocolate chip, or mint chocolate chip, but others will work as well)
- a pinch of cinnamon (if appropriate with ice cream flavor)
- Optional: Whipped cream or cool whip
- Optional: Chocolate sauce, oreos, or sprinkles
- Place cookies in a food processor and chop thoroughly. Add the butter, melted, and bled.
- Scrape cookie mixture onto bottom of spring form pan and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Put softened ice cream into food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add cinnamon if desired.
- Pour ice cream on top of Oreo crust and freeze until ready to serve.
- If you wish, put whipped cream or cool whip on top and decorate with either chocolate sauce, oreos, or sprinkles.